Friday, November 21, 2008

Veteran's Day at the Park










This is when we are grateful we live in Arizona. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to spend at the park playing and feeding the ducks (and jogging). Alexis woke up that morning wondering why I wasn't at the gym (if everyone else was sleeping in I wanted too also). So she had been begging me to get up so we could go jogging together. I asked her where we should go and she said in the front yard or back yard, wherever I wanted. I tried to bribe her with waffles and it worked for a few minutes, but then we had Collin and Logan begging to go too. Anyway, I decided to take them to my moms and we could go to Kiwanis park and feed the ducks and have a picnic. Alexis was still begging so I put on my workout clothes (after showering and getting ready). We get to the park and took off to run around the lake while Grandma stayed with Slade. Alexis lasted all of 2 minutes before she was SOOOO TIRED! (and her side really hurt) All that build up and even I wasn't winded (being how much I enjoy running-NOT!) So we fed the ducks and headed to the play area where they all had a blast. Slade was happy in his own little world going up and down the slides, swinging and running around. All the kids had a great time and I must say I was a better mom playing with my kids since I was dressed for it (note to self to always wear shorts and tennis shoes to the park!)

No comments: