Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Last Day of School

We finally ended another year of school. With this whole modified year round schedule it's hard to hang in there for so long. It's weird that this year we got out in June and have to go back in July. I just seems wrong somehow. Anyway it was a fabulous year and we absolutely LOVED the kids teachers. I must say that one of my favorite grades is Kindergarten. With the school system offering all day kindergarten it is kind of hard on the stamina of the little ones, but by the end of the year they seem so grown up. I am continually amazed to watch them grow so much so quickly it seems. They go into school seeming to know almost nothing and then come out able to do so much-the biggest accomplishment being reading. I love that Collin all of a sudden can read almost anything. All the billboards and signs around town and even my emails. (oops, time to be careful now just in case-j/k) One of my favorites was a few weeks ago we were at dinner at my parents house and Logan was acting crazy and I said geez Logan settle down you must have ADD. And Collin pipes in with why does Logan have to add? We were so taken aback and all had a good laugh!

Collin and his teacher Mrs. Thompson

Ethan and Collin

Alexis also had a great year and her teacher was also fantastic! She is suddenly my little bookworm and while it took her awhile to get into the chapter books (which is what they try to focus more on in 2nd grade) she always has her nose in a book and was often getting into trouble at school for always reading (pretty funny to be getting in trouble for reading I thought). Her teacher just said that they are always encouraged to read when they have spare time and sometimes Alexis would try and finish what she was reading instead of finish her work first. We are so proud of her though and I was even more surprised with all she learned in 2nd grade. She learned all her times tables and was even doing some long division. I specifically remember learing all that in 3rd grade and here she is already a year ahead of where I was at her age. Alexis is such a joy at school though and has lots of friends. She never wants anyone to feel left out and is always running around in big groups with lots of fun girls. Let's hope it always stays that way!

Alexis and Mrs. Johnson

Alexis, Kate and Harley

1 comment:

Becca said...

I can't believe school is just now done for you guys! strange...we have been out for way to long already..hehe!